Friday 3 January 2014

Welcome!

So this is my first ever blog. I thought I would use this post to tell you a little bit about who I am and what my thoughts are for this blog.

My name is Alex. I am a criminal lawyer in the city of Edmonton, Alberta. I work hard and my job is not always the easiest, as I am sure you can imagine! This is a cold place to live and hot coffee keeps me going through the long and sometimes dark days. But I spend all of my spare time thinking about food. Seriously! Whether it is what I am going to make for dinner, what kind of wine I am going to pair with that meal, or what new restaurant I am going to try today or this weekend, you can bet food is on my mind. My colleagues at work and my sister are my constant guinea pigs, subjected to endless containers full of baked goods on the lunchroom table or my ramblings about dinner plans or leftovers. My ever-patient and supportive boyfriend tastes all of my food experiments and supports my addiction to buying kitchen appliances. We are seriously running out of space in our relatively small apartment!

I started writing this post to tell you a little bit about why I started a blog in the first place. I suppose I have a tendency to ramble a bit, so now is the time for me to get to the point. I love food. I love wine. I love spending time with my family and friends. I want to share that love with the world. So here we go. Recipes, restaurants, and random life in Edmonton. Welcome!

What could be more important than a little something to eat?



No comments:

Post a Comment